If you recall from a previous blog posting, "A Big Things Are-a Comin'" I cryptically posted a pic of the vivacious Ms. Dawn P for what seems for no rhyme or reason. Maybe I was just bored and thought it would be cleaver to post a picture of some well known internet model from out of the blue? Well not really. Actually Ms. Dawn P is part of a transition mark in the direction of these drawings. See, I have actually reached out to her and she gave me her blessing to do a series of drawings based on her. So here it is in all of it's glory.
Part of this new direction is to eventually reach out to other well known models in the BBW and Plus Size community - Please note: I've grown to detest the terms "BBW" "SSBBW" and "Plus Sized" for future reference, I will refrain from using such terms, but I digress - However, working on these two pieces alone have produced some amazing results with theme, attention to detail and how time consuming these drawings can be...
Upon getting Dawn's blessing, I was so excited that she approved of my request that I was so stoke to the point that I didn't have any clue to how to draw her. The Queen Bee idea hit me when...I really don't recall but I do recall that I was at lunch when the idea hit me.
![]() |
| Original Queen Bee costume |
So I've opted for an a simplified version of the Queen Bee costume which too was surprisingly difficult. It's funny when you come to the end result that people will assume that making a Queen Bee costume would be difficult. Please understand with these drawings you are aiming for something that's erotic and sexy. When looking for these elements people tend to forget to incorporate simplicity. This is why a lot of fantasy or erotic fantasy art tend to look unrealistic.
The best thing about these two drawings to date is that I had very little difficulty capturing Ms. Dawn P's likeness - The most difficult part was drawing the bees and the honeycomb itself. I'VE SPENT FAR MORE TIME DRAWING BEES AND THE HONEYCOMB IN ITSELF!
I swear, it seems that I only work in the shadows with the pics from the camera phone. I work for a very spooky place here. A lonely spooky place of Netflix and chicken fritters...just kidding.
(click on images to see larger versions)
QUEEN BEE 1
![]() |
| Finished drawing |
QUEEN BEE 2
![]() |
| Finished drawing. Sorry this hasn't been scanned to date. |
If you enjoyed reading the creative process of these two pieces, please feel free to read other entires by clicking the "At Work" link. Thank you.















No comments:
New comments are not allowed.