To date I have completed well over 50 pieces for the Voluptuous Vixens gallery. Some pics are good, some are okay, some are just flat out mediocre. That's how you would judge a body of work. But a quick reflection of the body with plenty of pictures - As a show of force of what this project has become over the years.From the beginning, I believe it was either 2008 or 2009, I had a sheet of unused Arches paper laying around. Since Arches was a pretty costly investment, I was saving it for "something special" but that "special" moment never came around so I just cut the sheet into smaller pieces. I didn't know what to draw so I just simply whipped out the tracing projector so that I draw something fast. Also note that to that date, it would also be one of the few times I've ever used a tracing projector. For the people who follow these "adult online models" (yes, I detest that term) Carrie - or BBW Carrie - of Carrieland has long been a favorite of mine. During some down time, I drew the above pic and showed it to a friend. He loved it and jokingly said I should do a series of big girl drawings. It never really registered with me at the time for my ambitions were somewhere else.
The below is a little known paper test I've conducted shortly after I drew Carrie on the Arches paper. Mainly to see if there was any difference. Since there was another source photo of the same theme - matter of fact, I was a little conflicted in which one to use. I drew my second choice on regular vellum bristol board. Truth be told as a piece of advice to any other aspiring artist who comes across this blog I will say it now,
BRISTOL BOARD IS THE WORST when drawing in this style. Regular drawing paper, while cheaper will go further in your endeavors. Bristol has it far greater purposes - this style of drawing is not one of them..Fast forward a year later in a new city - a city that has an abundance of winter in which no one is prepared for. Though I wasn't working at the time - The time was balanced between looking for work, braving the cold and getting over the break-up of a girlfriend so my down time was used accordingly.
I've done a series within a series. If that is what you want to call it. Some ideas worked and some failed. Done back in 2010, this would be by far my favorite that contains a theme. Below are some ideas that didn't quite pan out...
This one is quite horrible. But I digress....
Speaking of horrible. Here are a few of the rejects. As you can see these are quite pointless in nature and they don't serve any theme or purpose whatsoever - It could be argued that the drawing on the left was more out of self-indulgence. Sorry.
I'm always playing around with a number themes if you haven't guessed...
The drawings kept piling up over the years. Between 2011-2013 there was really not much activity for I took on other projects that took up my time. One involved a stint as an artist on an animated series and the other involved illustrating a graphic novel. Maybe it was 2014 where these drawings were once again explored.
Before 2014, I was exploring another theme with the "Bubbles" drawings. This will probably deserve some further investigating. The drawing on the left is one of my favorite drawings and I feel other illustrations of this nature should be explored.
2015 has been pretty productive. I'm working with smaller paper which is needed for the sake of variety to date, I have finished 10 drawings this year alone
It's without saying that some earlier less than impressive pieces have went on to a more polished development. Thinking this woman should continue on towards other pieces. We have a little history you know. Tattoos on her will be a little challenging, but I'm obviously up to the task.




















Hi from Moldova. My name is Andrew , @crishmaru from instagram. I'm following you and I'm going to follow as long I will have profile there. You have amazing artworks and you did amazing progress in your drawings. Good job and keep drawing . Have a good day
ReplyDelete